Mixed Berry Pie
This berry pie is a holiday favorite!
Active Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour
• 1/3 cup slivered almonds, (1 1/4 ounces)
• 1/2 cup granulated natural sweetener (from stevia or agave nectar for example)
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• Pinch of salt
• 1 large egg
• 1/3 cup firm low-fat tofu
• 1 tablespoon butter, softened
• 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
• 3 cups mixed berries(fresh best, can use frozen and thawed), such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan and bake until light golden and fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
3. Place sweetener, flour, salt and almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add egg, tofu, butter and almond extract; process until smooth.
4. Spread berries evenly in the prepared gratin dish. Scrape the almond mixture over the top, spreading evenly.
5. Bake the pie until light golden and set, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Inspired from: Eatingwell.com
Go from Berry Pie to Recipes