Try this yummy curry soup and if you like, make it vegetarian by using substitutions in parentheses.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cup carrots, about two carrots
- ½ cup celery, about two stalks
- 2 cups canned unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (or 1 package of extra firm tofu, cubed)
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 Tbsp low salt soy or tamari sauce
- 1 ½ cups bok choy, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions (about 8), white and light green area of onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Thai basil – regular Italian basil works fine
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
1. In a large deep skillet or saucepan, heat oil and sauté the carrots and celery until soft.
2. Add 1 cup coconut milk and bring to a light boil. Add curry paste and turmeric and stir to combine. Cook about 3 minutes until it thickens.
3. Add chicken and stir to coat. Add remaining coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, soy sauce, bok choy, onions and basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook about 8 minutes.
Ladle soup over warm brown rice. Enjoy!
Go from Curry Soup to Easy Recipes