Healthy Fish Tacos
Try these yummy easy healthy fish tacos!
Servings: 4, 2 tacos each
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 pound of a white flaky fish like tilapia, cod, or halibut
- 2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded green cabbage
½ cup corn kernels (thawed, if frozen)
- ½ cup black beans
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped green chiles
2 tsp your favorite hot sauce or spicy seasoning (salsa, red pepper paste, chipotle chiles, in adobo sauce, etc.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, cumin and pepper. Pour over the fish fillets and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and grill on a preheated grill or nonstick grill pan on medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Set fish aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, green chiles and spicy sauce.
- Heat tortillas on grill or pan for 30 seconds on each side.
- Flake the fish with a fork. Top each tortilla with 1 Tbsp. of the chipotle yogurt mixture. Top with fish, cabbage, corn, black beans and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
Additional toppings: chopped tomato, chopped scallion, jalapenos
Go from Healthy Fish Tacos to Easy Recipes