Enjoy this simple, not too ooey gooey pecan pie recipe. Best of all: no corn syrup – yea!
• 1 cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup white sugar (I prefer a stevia/erythritol blend like Truvia)
• ½ cup butter
• 2 eggs
• 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
• 1 Tbsp milk or soy milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 premade unbaked 9 inch pie shell – whole wheat
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• About 15 pecan halves to place on top of pie
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Melt butter in a small pan
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a hand mixer until foamy, stir in melted butter
4. Stir in the sugars and flour, mix well. Add the milk, vanilla and chopped pecans.
5. Pour into the pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Pull out the pie and place the pecan halves on top in a circular design.
7. Return to oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees, bake 30 minutes or until done.
Go from Pecan Pie to Recipes