Waldorf Salad With Kale
Serves 4 to 6
This Waldorf Salad uses kale instead of lettuce and adds apple, raisins and pecans to the dressing to make it creamy without using mayonnaise.
- 6 cups packed finely chopped raw dinosaur kale or baby kale (you can massage with lemon juice to tenderize if you like)
- 3 large red apples, such as Braeburn or Honeycrisp, chopped, divided
- 1 ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 ½ cup pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- 1 ½ cup raisins, divided
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp water (may need more)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Place kale in a large bowl. Add half the apple to kale along with celery, 1 cup pecans and 1 cup raisins.
- Put oil, water, vinegar and mustard in a blender along with remaining apple, pecans (1/2 cup) and raisins (1/2 cup).
- Purée until well combined and slightly thick, adding water if too thick.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Go from Waldorf Salad With Kale to Easy Recipes